Quick points on costs in Bali from the cities we visited
- Overall feeling, nice. Bigger than anticipated (for a town with a population of 3,500).
- 2 hours to Ubud, from airport in private, air conditioned transport = about $25.
- 20 vanilla beans in packet = $5 (You’d be hard pressed to get 1 bean for that price in Colorado, USA.)
- Nice (super nice) dinner out for 2 with drinks = $13
- Jati homestay – quiet room, comfortable beds, near a rice field, including WiFi Internet and breakfast , (hot/cold showers, but no A/C)= $28
- 3 1/2 hours to Amed from Ubud in private, air conditioned transport, with multiple tourist stops along the way = about $45.
- Delicious lunch for 2 plus 2 milkshakes = less than $10
- Geria Giri Shanti, roosters nearby, comfy beds and pillows, including breakfast (hot/cold showers, but no AC. Internet not included, but Internet access walking distance away) = $18/night
- 3 days diving (6 dives) with Adventure Divers/Geria Giri Shanti $165
- 2 1 hour massages on the beach $14 ($15 with tip)
- Man’s Haircut: $5
- Harcut + Rinse/head massage $8
- Harcut + Rinse/head massage + Manicure (for Carrie) $11
Bali cost even less (in most cases) than we thought it would. It’s been pretty amazing here.