The New Siam 2 is what I would call a “good enough” hotel.
The New Siam 2 is in the middle of Bangkok, is easy walking distance to the palace and a few of the other great sites in Bangkok, and the rooms are not expensive.
We spent one night at The New Siam 2.
What I liked about the New Siam II
- Location is great
- Helpful, courteous staff
- Restaurant and pool on site
- Air conditioned rooms
- Price ($23/night)
- It’s off of a main street (but not on the street)
What I didn’t like about the New Siam ii
- All the room doors open directly into an open stairway, where all the noises of the hallway can be heard all night.
- It needs a coat of paint. The New Siam II is clean, but just needs someone to come and make it look fresh.
- Outside noises (street-level) can be heard when in the bathroom or when the air conditioner is off.
If you have just one night in Bangkok, and you need a place to stay where your things will stay safe and you’ll probably get an okay night of sleep (without spending a lot), the New Siam II will probably be good for you.