Glasses, the eye kind
Some day I will know what it’s like to wake up and be able to see clearly. I have no memory of being able to do this. (I got glasses at age 7.)
For years and years I wore glasses (from 7-16). At 16 I finally won the battle against my mom for contacts. (Thanks for your help on this Dr. Wolfly!)
I wore contacts nearly every day. Until we started our travels. Then, I realized how much easier on my eyes glasses were. I didn’t have to worry about getting something unsanitary (from unsafe water) in my glasses case. No more crying when the tiniest spec of dust got in my eye.
Instead, I got glasses. You can read about how I went to the eye doctor in Ecuador here.
When we came back to the States, and got jobs, I signed up for vision insurance. I thought that would be great – they cover doctor appointments, and one pair of glasses or contacts per year.
So, I made my doctor appointment.
While there I realized that because of all the restrictions on glasses, I found out that the cheapest pair of glasses would still cost me $130, even after insurance paid for their share.
So, I went in search of something else.
I ran across a website where you can buy frames for less than $30. The lenses are also really reasonable.
I decided to buy a pair to test the quality.
The pair I bought online cost me $55 (insurance didn’t cover anything).
I ordered them the same day I ordered the ones from my doctor.
The online pair came in over a week sooner. And, I honestly like the quality better.
I’m very happy to have learned this lesson now. I canceled my insurance (saving myself $150 / year), and will only buy my glasses online from now on. At the price / quality they are, I can get 2 or three pairs and actually have some fun accessorizing my glasses.
Check them out here if you’re interested.
This post is because I want to share my find with you. I love these glasses, and hope you do too! The link is an affiliate link. You pay the same, and we’ll earn a commission.
January 28th, 2013
- May 06, 2013 05:46 PM : Poem: Round Rumpus Rocks
- May 03, 2013 07:28 AM : Poem: To Have A FOCUS
- May 02, 2013 12:54 AM : Poem: The Spider In The Scale
- May 01, 2013 01:30 AM : Poem: Be Sure To Bring Some Time With You
- April 29, 2013 01:08 PM : Poem: There Is A New Light (At The Stoplight)
- April 25, 2013 04:53 AM : The Complex World We Live In: Analytics Alone
- April 25, 2013 01:25 AM : Poem: Is Everybody Else?
- April 24, 2013 01:55 AM : Poem: It's My Heart
- April 23, 2013 07:49 PM : Ye Olde English Pub
- April 23, 2013 01:53 AM : Poem: The Life-Givers
- April 21, 2013 03:33 PM : Poem: Can I Do It
- April 21, 2013 12:53 AM : Poem: April 20th Coyotes
- April 20, 2013 01:27 AM : Poem: Rainmaker
- April 19, 2013 03:27 PM : Poem: Focus From An Unknown Date
- April 18, 2013 02:45 AM : You Are Beautiful - You May Miss It
- April 17, 2013 11:06 PM : The Most Destructive Thought Of The Week
- April 16, 2013 09:37 PM : Top 5 Rude Things People Do On Airplanes
- April 16, 2013 02:34 AM : Poem: The Faceless Enemy
- April 14, 2013 02:13 PM : War And Battle Is America's Predominant Flow
- April 14, 2013 02:08 AM : Poem: Everyday I Make A Choice
- April 14, 2013 12:01 AM : Poem: Remember Today
- April 13, 2013 11:29 PM : Poem: I Want To Believe
- April 12, 2013 06:43 PM : Poem: Riddle #6
- April 12, 2013 06:23 AM : Hotel Review: Embassy Suites Oklahoma City (the one on Meridian)
- April 12, 2013 01:09 AM : Poem: Where's the Rose Now?
- April 11, 2013 05:22 PM : 5 Travel Items I Take On Flights
- April 06, 2013 12:50 AM : Poem: To the Girl Whose Name I Do Not Know
- April 05, 2013 09:33 PM : Poem: Golden Glenn
- April 03, 2013 07:01 AM : Poem: Responses From A Song
- April 02, 2013 07:53 AM : Poem: And I
- April 01, 2013 09:36 PM : What Is Cow Patty Bingo?
- March 31, 2013 07:50 AM : Poem: The Middle Man
- March 30, 2013 06:42 AM : Poem: Carry Wings Unbroken
- March 29, 2013 05:35 AM : Poem: Thoughts on EF and LC
- March 28, 2013 01:06 AM : Poem: Where the Angels Play Ball