Getting Passport Pages: The United States Embassy in Quito, Ecuador
Carrie and I needed to get more pages in our passports, so we went to the United States embassy here in Quito.
The whole process was actually quite simple:
- Go in, fill out a form
- wait for your number to be called
- explain to the person behind the glass that you need more pages in your passport
- wait 25 minutes
- get back your passport with more pages in it
Our passports now look more like little books than just little passports.
We’re excited to fill up those extra pages!
Things you might want to know:
How much did the extra pages cost?
Interesting points from the United States Embassy:
- Even before you enter the grounds of the United States embassy, there are guards there letting you know that it’s not okay to take pictures. No electronic devices were allowed in with us. Carrie had to check her Kindle, and I had to check my camera, at the door. We could, however, take our watches.
- The embassy grounds are BIG, and the embassy is significantly outside of the city. Every day, we walk by the embassies of England/Germany (same building), Belgium, Norway, and Mexico. All of them are pretty much right here in the city, and while they do have gates and ways to close things off, none are as expansive as the grounds of the U.S. Embassy. For me, it was neat to see, a bit pretentious, and intimidating, all at the same time.
- To get there: Take the Ecovia all the way to the Rio Coca Station ($0.25). From there, take a taxi to the “embajada (em-buh-hah-duh) Americana. Make sure they “empieza la metro, por favor” (“Use the meter, please” It’s about $1.50 to the embassy.)
March 10th, 2010
- November 02, 2014 11:43 AM : PBCS
- October 27, 2014 08:27 PM : Prepare To Be Amazed By... well... just watch
- September 12, 2014 06:52 PM : Say What? Take 2 - Hilarious Voice Transcription
- September 10, 2014 05:57 PM : The difference between TSA Pre Check and Clear
- July 04, 2014 03:36 PM : Happy Indepence Day!
- July 02, 2014 10:52 PM : Say what? Hilarious Voice Transcriptions
- June 04, 2014 08:54 AM : Wacky Wednesday #105
- May 28, 2014 08:44 AM : Wacky Wednesday #104
- May 25, 2014 11:54 PM : Human Slavery: How Your Cell Phone Enslaves Or Liberates Humanity (Actual)
- May 09, 2014 07:20 AM : Water Is Life: An Amazing Book
- May 07, 2014 08:47 PM : My favorite ad campaign
- April 24, 2014 10:28 AM : More Amazing Sand Art
- April 23, 2014 10:22 AM : An Amazing 8 Minute Story
- April 21, 2014 08:22 PM : Fooling My Brain
- February 17, 2014 01:41 PM : An Amazing Olympic Story - JR Celski
- February 13, 2014 01:49 PM : An Amazing Olympic Story - Rico Roman
- February 12, 2014 01:37 PM : Can Plants Think?
- February 11, 2014 05:31 PM : For Our Moms
- February 10, 2014 08:59 AM : A Review of ZipCar: My First ZipCar Experience
- February 08, 2014 01:25 PM : How Olympians Have Changed
- January 15, 2014 09:07 PM : Beatboxing the Blues In Britain (Video)
- January 11, 2014 12:15 PM : This Video Will Make You Hurt
- December 29, 2013 08:46 AM : Poem: When Spoken Into Being
- December 20, 2013 12:40 AM : Poem: My Problem
- December 19, 2013 08:25 AM : Christmas Lights Scavenger Oddities: December Date Night
- December 18, 2013 01:46 AM : Thoughts On A Perfect Fire
- December 17, 2013 01:32 AM : Poem: For The Soldiers
- December 15, 2013 12:08 PM : Why Get Out Of America
- December 15, 2013 02:05 AM : Poem: As An Eagle
- December 14, 2013 02:02 AM : Poem: Howling In The Night
- December 13, 2013 12:38 AM : Poem: To The Mouse (# 2)
- December 12, 2013 05:49 AM : Go Broncos!
- December 10, 2013 01:34 AM : Poem: Anointed
- December 09, 2013 08:42 AM : Poem: Father Christmas Is My Step-Dad
- December 07, 2013 12:41 AM : Poem: I See