Posted by strive4impact on February 17, 2014 01:41 PM
“Without having setbacks, there can’t be a will to overcome.”
“Through my successes, and through my failures, I’ve been able to narrow down, genuinely, [my] why.”Continue reading "An Amazing Olympic Story – JR Celski" »
Posted by strive4impact on February 13, 2014 01:49 PM
You will see Rico if you watch the Paralympics. An incredible comeback story.Continue reading "An Amazing Olympic Story – Rico Roman" »
Posted by strive4impact on February 12, 2014 01:37 PM
There have also been other studies which show that plants respond to the emotional states of humans.
A couple of other interesting “food for thought” videos for today:
I didn’t watch all of this one… But in the same vein, if you have the time to watch.
Posted by strive4impact on February 11, 2014 05:31 PM
There are some amazing commercials coming out around the Olympics.
This post is for our moms.
Thank you for picking us up, and we hope you enjoy the Olympics!Continue reading "For Our Moms" »
Posted by strive4impact on February 10, 2014 08:59 AM
Continue reading "A Review of ZipCar: My First ZipCar Experience" »
Posted by strive4impact on February 08, 2014 01:25 PM
Olympians’ body types have changed.
This video shows you why.
I found most fascinating the explanation about male vs. female ski jumpers.
Hope you enjoy watching those incredible body types compete!Continue reading "How Olympians Have Changed" »
Posted by strive4impact on January 15, 2014 09:07 PM
Incredible Beatboxing to the Blues.
Here’s the original David Crowe that Carrie sent me which probably is why the related video (above) showed up on YouTube.
Can you Beatbox? Post below…Continue reading "Beatboxing the Blues In Britain (Video)" »
Posted by strive4impact on January 11, 2014 12:15 PM
This is the best description I have seen (at least recently) about how your thoughts can make you sick or keep you healthy.
It’s something that’s difficult to remember in big, loud, media driven America, but it’s really important to remember too.
Thoughts are things, and the words we use to describe our thoughts have a real effect on us and others.
Did you get a headache in the first 30 seconds? Post below if this did or didn’t happen to you…Continue reading "This Video Will Make You Hurt" »
Posted by strive4impact on December 29, 2013 08:46 AM
Someone hired me to write a New Year’s poem for a blended family. This is the poem I created for this particular blended family.
If you’d like me to write a New Year’s Poem for you or your family, please let me know.
When Spoken Into Being
by Jonathan Kraft
In the new year together we’ll see
That we will all very boldly go
We’re a special, unique kind of clan
A different kind of family, y’know?
While the nucleus of some families
by blood with one another is shared
ours is especially connected,
demonstrated in ways that we’ve cared.
That care will grow as we move together
into this great and brand new year.
We’ve got great things ahead of us.
Yes, we’ve got nothing to fear,
for the bonds of a family that’s blended
are forged in the flames of choice.
It’s amazing that bonds can be stronger
when chosen into being by one’s own voice.
And so, as we move as a family group,
supporting and sharing, and getting through strife,
we know that we’ll be stronger and
we know we’ll have an even better life.
We’ve got connections like no others have,
and yes, in this year two-thousand fourteen,
these connections that our clan shares
will help us create the dreams that we’ve seen.
Posted by strive4impact on December 20, 2013 12:40 AM
Written Dec. 20, 1995 When Jonathan is 16
I stop and think.
I have so much wealth,
not in money or in
things I own
but wealth in non material things
This is not my problem.
So what is my problem?
Do I want to rebel,
Is the person that I really am being suppressed
Do I think about it all too much?
I don’t know.
- February 17, 2014 01:41 PM : An Amazing Olympic Story - JR Celski
- February 13, 2014 01:49 PM : An Amazing Olympic Story - Rico Roman
- February 12, 2014 01:37 PM : Can Plants Think?
- February 11, 2014 05:31 PM : For Our Moms
- February 10, 2014 08:59 AM : A Review of ZipCar: My First ZipCar Experience
- February 08, 2014 01:25 PM : How Olympians Have Changed
- January 15, 2014 09:07 PM : Beatboxing the Blues In Britain (Video)
- January 11, 2014 12:15 PM : This Video Will Make You Hurt
- December 29, 2013 08:46 AM : Poem: When Spoken Into Being
- December 20, 2013 12:40 AM : Poem: My Problem
- December 19, 2013 08:25 AM : Christmas Lights Scavenger Oddities: December Date Night
- December 18, 2013 01:46 AM : Thoughts On A Perfect Fire
- December 17, 2013 01:32 AM : Poem: For The Soldiers
- December 15, 2013 12:08 PM : Why Get Out Of America
- December 15, 2013 02:05 AM : Poem: As An Eagle
- December 14, 2013 02:02 AM : Poem: Howling In The Night
- December 13, 2013 12:38 AM : Poem: To The Mouse (# 2)
- December 12, 2013 05:49 AM : Go Broncos!
- December 10, 2013 01:34 AM : Poem: Anointed
- December 09, 2013 08:42 AM : Poem: Father Christmas Is My Step-Dad
- December 07, 2013 12:41 AM : Poem: I See
- December 06, 2013 01:47 AM : Poem: I Feel So Separated
- December 03, 2013 12:43 AM : Poem: It's Time
- November 30, 2013 12:25 AM : Poem: The Monkey
- November 29, 2013 02:05 AM : Poem: Crushed
- November 28, 2013 12:28 AM : Poem: The River
- November 26, 2013 12:34 AM : Poem: A Maze
- November 25, 2013 02:52 AM : Poem: What Legacy?
- November 24, 2013 12:36 AM : Poem: Regarding Guilt
- November 17, 2013 03:55 PM : A downtown billboard
- November 16, 2013 04:55 PM : 25 More Places to Travel
- November 15, 2013 12:21 AM : Poem: True Beauty
- November 10, 2013 02:00 AM : Poem: The Shortness Of Life
- November 08, 2013 12:26 AM : Poem: To The Mouse
- November 05, 2013 09:31 AM : Scary Skydiving